Gandee & Associates specializes in the survey/inspection, design, monitoring, and administration for hazardous materials abatement and demolition projects for both public and private facilities.
- Facility inspections and testing for hazardous materials.
- Instantaneous monitoring for asbestos (FAM), mercury vapors (Lumex), and petroleum COCs (PID).
- AHERA (Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act) initial inspection, three-year reinspection and six-month surveillance services.
- Preparation of reports documenting our findings.
- Development of electronic databases providing inventories identifying location of asbestos-containing materials.
- Preliminary planning to address project logistics and client concerns.
- Preparation of design drawings and specifications necessary to solicit bids.
- Preparation of project cost estimates.
- Compilation, printing, and distribution of bid documents.
- Notification of qualified bidders.
- Arranging and conducting pre-bid meetings.
- Provision of recommendation to the client concerning bid award.
- Specifications for installation of replacement materials following removal of various hazardous materials.
- Maintain a working relationship with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies to address unique environmental concerns.
Administration of contracts awarded for hazardous materials abatement/remediation, demolition, and related work.
Resident Project Representative on-site during abatement and/or demolition operations to perform project inspections, coordination, and procure appropriate environmental sampling.
Final inspections of work, including appropriate sampling, upon completion of abatement/remediation activities to ensure complete decontamination of work areas.
Periodic inspections of replacement materials work.
Compilation and submittal of abatement/remediation records providing documentation of the work performed.
Conduct closure activities following work with USTs to obtain an NFA (no further action) status from BUSTR.